Friday, February 22, 2013

2 for 1:

I LOVE when I can stretch my grocery dollars by making two different meals from one main ingredient. I made this amazing Santa Fe Chicken (Crock pot) I reserved 2 cups of the chicken and used it the next day to make this equally delicious Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad
they were both a HUGE hit, a major victory in my house!

*My alterations/additions*

I served the Santa Fe Chicken with flour tortillas/corn taco shells/chips for the kids they also had shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream to add if they wanted.

To the salad I added 2 extra tomatoes and only half a can of beans (since the meat had alot still in it)
 I served the salad with a lime wedge, salsa and shredded cheese for adding if so inclined, I think it would also be fun to serve in a tortilla as a sandwich wrap (will try that nex time!) the flavor is very reminiscent of Applebee's Fiesta Chopped Chicken Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment