Monday, March 12, 2012

Soup's on....

It is rainy today, which makes for perfect soup weather, I had a new recipe I have been wanting to try from the Detroit Free Press Quick and Easy Chicken Wonton Soup.

Here are the ingredients:


Quick and Easy Chicken Wonton Soup

2 packages(4oz each) shiitake mushrooms ( I didn't use these as I seriously DISLIKE mushrooms)
2 tsp canola oil (not pictured oops!)
6 1/2 c. low sodium chicken broth
about 1/2 bag (more if desired....I used the whole bag) chicken cilantro mini wontons (I used Trader Joe's)
2 tbsp.low sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil or hot chili oil (I didn't use this since I couldn't find it in the grocery store)
2 cups coarsely chopped Napa cabbage
3 green onions washed and thinly sliced

Remove and discard the stems of the mushrooms. Wipe the mushroom clean with a damp paper towel, cut into thin slices.
In a medium saucepot, heat the canola oil.  Add the mushrooms and saute until soft. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.  Add the wontons and cook about 3 minutes.  Reduce the heat and stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, (if using) Nappa cabbage and green onions.  Simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.

***I added some fresh cilantro to my bowl***

and the official taset tester...........

he ate his AND finished off my bowl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment