Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Use what you have (Leftover) Chicken Salad

I enjoy a good chicken salad a small scoop with sliced tomatoes, cucumbers or fresh fruit on the side really hits the spot! and in an effort to both eat healthy and stretch the grocery dollars I came up with a yummy chicken salad doing just that. On Monday I made the (Skinny) Greek Yogurt Chicken recipe that I kept seeing all over Pinterest...it was delicious! I thought to myself oh I will just slice  up the leftovers over a green salad for lunch....then it hit me! CHICKEN SALAD....mmmm yum! Here is what I did:

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts (leftover chicken) cut or shredded
celery ( I used one stalk) diced
1-apple (with the skin) diced
2 tbsp golden raisins (or 1/4 cup sliced grapes)
2 tbsp walnuts/pecans (chopped)

for the dressing:

1/2 c. Greek yogurt (plain)
a drizzle of honey
fresh squeezed lemon juice (from half a lemon)
1/8 tsp dill
kosher salt and pepper

Combine above ingredients ( I use a glass measuring cup) and simply pour it over the chicken, mix well and serve immediately or chill for even better flavor!



(Sorry for the crummy cell picture, in the process of replacing my camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment